Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day Two

I'll admit it. I go a little picture crazy. Most of my posts are 90% pictures and 10% words. But I promise I'm going to get better!

Yesterday, at the crack of dawn, I flew to Utah to visit my sweet and silly fiance. It was a short, but smelly flight filled with babies, dogs, and some smell that I refused to admit was vomit (yuck). After I landed I grabbed my bag and headed outside to the chilly air and waited for my favorite future sister-in-law to pick me up. I spent the rest of my day hanging out with her and these cute little rugrats.

At around 5:30 I finally got to see my favorite person in the whole world. The day took forever(!) in a good way. But I was finally with him. As we were driving there was a beautiful sunset over the snow capped mountains and I remembered one of the reasons I love it here so much!


We spent the rest of the night eating, watching movies, and reading together.

And now for Day Two!

Oh man! I'm really excited and somewhat anxious for today. Its a mystery day-te. My future Mr.  has made it very clear that this is planned, paid for, and paired off.

I'm really excited about this. Even though it may just be something small and silly, we're going on a date! Oh man! That sounds normal to so many couples, but for us, that is a once in a blue-moon experience. Dom and I only spend about 30% of the whole year together, and this has been happening for the past 3.5 years! Don't ask me why, we're absolutely crazy, and if you want my advise DON'T DO IT. I mean, to me it's worth it. But we definitely have dealt with a ton of hurt feelings and frustration from miscommunications on all sorts of levels coming from all different directions. It takes very peculiar people to be able to work out a long distance relationship, and I'd be lying to you if I said we were strong the whole time. I'm pretty sure our relationship is fireproof now, but we almost separated more than once - for no other reason than distance tears people apart and breaks them down. All in all, if the person you're considering doing distance with is the only person you can ever imagine yourself with and ever be close to for your whole life, do it - but be prepared. It - is - difficult. But just remember when you "choose your love - love your choice!"

Anyway, to end on a more uplifting note: I still don't know what today has in store for me. But you'll all get a post soon elaborating!

No comments:

Post a Comment