Thursday, August 30, 2012

Daddy's Little Girl

So normally I center my posts almost entirely around the man of my dreams, my husband.  But this post is going to be a little different.  I want to write a little homage to the first man I ever loved, and the one who (aside from my husband) will love me forever and ever . . . my Daddy.

Dom and I got all our wedding pictures recently from the amazing Caitlin Sheffer. And before I show any of my beau and I, I want to show the some of my Daddy and I.

So without further adieu, here is my handsome Daddy:


I love my dad.  But just because he's awesome, doesn't mean he's an awesome dancer as well.  Haha.  Although, you wouldn't guess that from these pictures.  He looks like a bonified twinkle-toes here.  This was probably one of the most fun things I've ever done.  It took us FOREVER to pick the song, but when he picked it . . . well, he definitely picked it!!  We danced to Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.  I just loved it.

The last wedding my family was all truly a part of was my biggest brother Michael's (not pictured below).  I was nine and my daddy . . . well he was a little younger . . . and maybe a bit skinnier . . . but an amazing daddy all the same!

 Throughout all the years, I've always been daddy's little girl.  I've always been his curly haired princess

And the truth is, I always will be.  We'll always be the goofy pranksters and mom-teasers.  He'll always defend me agains those mean big brothers. 


While this is true, things will be different.  I'm no longer just daddy's little girl.  I'm the little girl he gave away.  But his giving away came with standards.  He wanted the man I married to be honest, loyal, brave, and funny.  He wanted the man I married to "hang with the boys," to love my family as much as we do.  My dad pretty much described in detail, the man I actually did marry.  And when my husband sat down with my dad to ask if he could be with me forever, it's no wonder he said yes.


And as I cried my eyes out on the walk down the aisle, my sweet daddy hugged me, kissed me, and told me how proud he was of me as he handed me away.

And then I happily married this guy.

He is the most wonderful, handsome, sweet, and amazing man I've ever met and will ever.  He is the only man that will ever measure up to my dad.
 I don't remember ever being as happy as I am now.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment