Monday, August 20, 2012

We Love Baseball!

Now D (my husband) is a HUGE baseball fan! He's loved it since he was a little guy and will love it madly until the day he dies. I love the fact that I'll never have to worry about him making eyes at another girl, but he does have his mistress: SF Giants Baseball. I laugh because he will, in the most tender of tones, tell me how deeply he loves me and how he could never imagine life without me...but have his eyes glued to the baseball screen! At dinner or church if the team ha fallen into some bad happenstance you best believe he will be in the most somber of moods. He tells me in detail the happenings of the team - all the juicy gossip and what the sports writers are saying. Now, when we started dating I HATED baseball. I thought it was the most boring game in the world and it was a huge waste of time. BUT, my man got me. And now I can honestly say, baseball is awesome.

We don't go to games often, but we do love them a lot. Every summer we tried to make at least one Giants game and typically we can manage going up to two a year, but this summer we got a second blessing!!

Blessing number one:
Somehow, someway, my babes managed to sneak in a giants game date juuuust barely before the weddih! AT&T park is amazing. There is seriously no better ballpark - and right in the middle of San Francisco! The ballpark overlooks the SF Bay, where loyal kayaking fans suit up for the frigid Bay in hopes of catching a home run ball. Oh it's beautiful. We had so much fun. We splurged a little too and ate the most delicious of ballpark treats!



Blessing number two:
My amazing boss had a customer with season tickets for the LA Angels of Anaheim, and he gave them to me. We were so excited and so grateful!! The game just so happened to fall two days before our one month marriage anniversary, what an awesome wat to celebrate! The seats were awesome. We had such a good time! Plus, to make things even better, it was a fireworks game! TNhey set off all their fireworks timed to certain Beatles songs, which my hubby absolutely adored.



All in all we've had a marvelously baseball filled summer. But to put the cherry on top of the cake, it looks likel our boys from the bay might be heade to the playoffs!!

LET'S GO GIANTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment